Monday, May 19, 2014

Deathiversary !



van gogh
So two years ago, I got into a pretty bad car accident in which I didn't die but probably should have. I wasn't injured AT ALL (aside from the bruises I had on my arm because the ambulance failed five times at attempting to give me an IV, and some cuts on my scalp from glass) and it was a really really strange thing to experience. So this year and last I have been referring to May 17th as the anniversary of my death. (My mom calls it my "second birthday" and sent me earrings, my mom is easily the best mom.)

barbie
Last year I made my twin drive me around and I got some more moths tattooed on me by Erik Jacobsen at Idle Hand. This year I drove myself to some random woods in Marin, and then my best friend Brian, who was the one who picked me up from the ER and had whiskey, took me to this beautifully Peruvian food restaurant. Delicious and magical.



peruvian





And on Saturday I am going back to Jacobsen at Idle Hand and am getting a sunflower, which I was inspired to get for a number of reasons but top of the list being my favorite artist, Van Gogh, and his creepy and sad and wonderful sunflowers.


wet n wild
poppy kingThis post slightly lacks beauty, but I am currently obsessing over the Wet n' Wild Megalast lipsticks !

Also on the topic of beauty, I just ordered Poppy King's book Lessons of a Lipstick Queen and can't wait to read and report back !

4 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's crazy. Yay for surviving! Happy 2nd birthday! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still so bizarre ! And thank you pretty lady !

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, car accidents are sooo scary. I was in one 4 years ago and I am STILL a nervous driver. I'm just glad you weren't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm basically panicky every time a big car is next to me. Awkward...

      Delete